Corporate Matching gifts are an established type of corporate giving program that matches the full or a portion of an employee’s donation to an eligible 501 (C) (3) nonprofit organization.
The first matching gift program in the USA began in 1954 by the GE Foundation called the Corporate Alumni Program. Now Corporations such as Microsoft, Boeing, Expedia, Samsung, Morgan Stanley, and other progressive companies in the greater Seattle area match their employee contributions to non-profits such as Northwest SHARE. Northwest SHARE has been registered in various global corporations as a 501 (c) (3) charity eligible for both volunteer hours funding and matching donations. Internal Revenue Service of the US government has given Northwest Share and EIN (Employer Identification Number) – 911918588, which identifies this as a charity for which donors can claim donations on their federal income tax returns. Northwest SHARE has been receiving matching gifts from Microsoft since 2001 and from other corporate's since 2005.
Northwest SHARE has the following activities:
- Free Vegetarian Food truck – provide delicious hot food to unemployed, students, and general public in Seattle’s University District, for special events at Westlake Mall, Bellevue College, and homeless shelters.
- Cow Protection - Some recent data survey shows that in natural conditions, cows can live 20 to 25 years. Of the 9 million dairy cows in the U.S., 3 million are slaughtered each year at only a fraction of their natural lifespan when milk production slows. Northwest SHARE’s animal shelters rescue and protect such cows.
- Organic farm research: Northwest SHARE’s two farms, in Auburn WA, and Redmond, WA are conducting research on suitability of growing various vegetables and herbs in the unique weather we have in the Puget Sound area.
- Synergy Learning Academy – A holistic education focused K-6 private school in Issaquah, WA
- Mana Samskriti – Language and Culture classes and events in greater Seattle area.
- Global Cultural Exchanges and Festivals – Veg Fest 2019 in Redmond Downtown park, Department of Neighborhoods Seattle Alki beach event, etc., Diwali Festival in Seattle Armory, are some festivals we organize. We also participate with booths and food distribution at Fremont Festival, NW folklife festival, Children festivals, Festival of compassion,Seattle’s University-District Street Fair, Seattle’s Freemont Fair, and Seattle’s Hempfest.
- Washington helping hands: This division helps youth regain their position in society after temporary setbacks.
Seattle area corporations like Microsoft, Boeing, Expedia, Samsung, Morgan Stanley match donations to Northwest SHARE (http://nwshare.org); you are encouraged to use that benefit from your employer.
Claim your HR and community/ corporate social responsibility benefits from your employer today
Please log into your corporate giving portal and search for Northwest SHARE EIN 91-1918588.
- Cash or check donations: mention that you already donated, note the check number and request a ‘matching donation’ following the policies of your company.
- Volunteer hours: enter the number of hours volunteered per policies of organization (volunteering should not during office hours and must not in any way impact productivity at your company) and submit.