The virtual Diwali: Lights of India festival, 2021
Welcome to Festàl Seattle's 9th successful Diwali festival! Diwali: Lights of India is organized by Northwest Share, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in 1998 and run by 100% Volunteers. Northwest Share promotes arts, culture. education, health and humanitarian services.
This year, owing to pandemic restrictions placed on large public gatherings, we are going virtual. Please join us from home with your family and friends, and experience & enjoy the grand cultural festival, captured forever for viewing on your computer, laptop, or mobile device!
All the great performances are exclusively created and produced for this virtual Diwali festival. We have a grand lineup of performances by local and International artists from India. Most of the performances by local artists are recorded at McCaw Hall, Seattle Center.
When and where:
This virtual festival will be online on October 23rd, Saturday from 12 noon on:
For more information please visit: http://www.nwshare.org
Great Musical extravaganza:
- Local Music organization "Temple of Music". Youth Classical Violin Ensemble.
- Interview and a cultural chat with the world renowned Violin Maestro Ganesh Rajagopalan about his new music projects.
- Classical dance performances by local dance schools:
Bharatanatyam by KalAlaya School Of Dance
Culture Talks with classical dance artists about the history, tradition, heritage, dance costumes and jewelry of 3 classical dance forms of India
Grand Classical dance fusion When Traditions Meet by 8 artists from 4 classical dance forms.
- Folk dances by the local dance school Chennai Beats dance academy
- Folk Dances by the local dance school La-Bonyo
- Rajasthani folk dances by artists from Los Angeles and New York. Kalbeliya dance by a hereditary Kalbeliya artist from Rajasthan, India.
- Visual arts gallery and a chat showcasing the award winning visual artist Jayashree Krishnan who has made portraits of 100’s of frontline healthcare workers.
- Cooking demo: making Diwali sweet by Meghna Avnish Patel from Itiffin4U
- Interview by the Director of Seattle Center Robert Nellams with Latha Sambamurti, Producer & Director of Diwali: Lights of India
- Diwali fireworks
Enjoy this grand cultural festival extravaganza showcasing the beautiful art, culture, tradition and heritage of India, with your family and friends, from the comfort of your home.
Happy Diwali to everyone! Let this festival of lights bring happiness, health, prosperity and peace to everyone.